Image Source: inquisitr.com
This week on the Weekly Top 20, The Weeknd finally made it to the top with his single, Secrets. The number one song borrows from two distinct pop tunes of the 80’s. You can check them out below.
Meanwhile, Bebe Rexha and LANY debut a new song on the charts; I Wanna Dance with Somebody and 13, respectively. Read interesting facts to this song below!
Rain by The Script
- Rain” the first single released from The Script’s upcoming album, which is also their first release since 2014.
- In an interview with Metro the band said that there's "definitely a progression in sound" in their new album. "The past four records have been not the same sound but we’ve been progressing at a slow rate." They also said that their new sound "might sound drastic at first" but if you hear the other songs, then you'll hear the consistency.
The Way I Are by Bebe Rexha ft. Lil Wayne
- According to Bebe Rexha, The Way I Are is an “F you song to the record label.” She said the music industry “didn’t see [her] as what a pop star should be.” She said the label saw her as “this Albanian girl from Brooklyn and was a little bit different”, and that she didn’t “look the part”.
- In Lil Wayne's verse of the song, he sings the line "I just wanna dance with somebody. But I could never ever dance like Bobby". That is a reference to the Whitney Houston dance pop hit, I Just Wanna Dance with Somebody, and the late pop star's former husband Bobby Brown, who was known for some fancy footwork back in the day.
13 by LANY
- '13” is track 8 of LANY’s self-titled debut album. The song is about the reflection of a couple that has fallen out of love.
- Earlier this June, LANY posted on Twitter revealing that the song 13 was written and recorded in just one day!
GOSSIP: - Katy Perry
This year hasn't been a great year for Katy Perry. Her 2017 album Witness wasn't as successful as she hoped, and earlier this June, a video of Katy Perry collapsing on stage went viral and ignited rumors that she might have been controlled by the Illuminati. Katy was captured saying something incoherent on stage, then she collapsed and was later dragged off. This led to speculations that she "glitched" as she was a victim of the MK-Ultra Mind control project.
“Secrets” by The Weeknd
- “Secrets” is a song that basically says The Weeknd can fully understand what his girl is thinking. The Weeknd says that Secrets is his favorite song on the album. He says that with the song, he tried to sing in a different register that he hadn’t sung before. “On ‘Secrets’, I’m a different person. I’ve played it for people, and they have no idea it’s me.”, he says.
- The track noticeably samples two well known New Wave songs of the 1980’s. The entire chorus is an interpolation of The Romantics' “Talking In Your Sleep,” while the backing track relies heavily on a sample of Tears For Fears' “Pale Shelter.”
#rhythmofthecity #y101fm #alwaysfirst #wt20facts