Image Source: wennermedia.com
Dua Lipa reigns supreme in this week’s Weekly Top 20. Her song New Rules replaces Havana by Camila Cabello from the number one spot. Meanwhile, Snakehips debut with Either Way, a collaboration with singer Anne-Marie. Their R&B track with a “killer melody” debuts this week along with Fake Happy by Paramore and XO Tour Life by Lil Uzi Vert. Both Fake Happy and XO Tour Life talk about being unhappy. Continue reading below to see what these songs mean.
‘A Different Way’ by DJ Snake ft. LAUV
- DJ Snake premiered this single during a historic livestream where he became the first artist to perform on top of the Arc de [Triomphe] in Paris, France. This is also Snake’s first solo single following the release of his debut album, Encore, last year – which include the hits Middle and Talk.
‘Either Way’ by Snakehips & Anne-Marie
- Since its debut back in July, the song has a lot of positive reviews from different music critics. EDM Sauce thinks the song is “elegantly crafted and natural”, has “an R&B feel” and “some killer melody”. HotNewHipHop thinks that Snakehips brought "their brand of catchy pop flavor" to the song and Anne-Marie's "soft, melodic tones are contrasted nicely".
‘Fake Happy’ by Paramore
- “Fake Happy” is Hayley Williams' confession about her true emotions. In the song, we see that under her bright, bubbly personality she is deeply unhappy. It also serves as a kind of anthem, as Williams' believes she is not the only one who feels this way: everybody in one way or another is “fake happy”.
‘XO Tour Life’ by Lil Uzi Vert
- “XO Tour Life” is about Uzi’s relationship issues with ex-girlfriend, Instagram star Brittany Byrd, and his substance abuse. The song also addresses topics like suicide and betrayal. Ultimately, it’s a narrative mixed with strong emotional dialogue, outlining a big fight between Uzi and his girlfriend.
GOSSIP – HALSEY
Pop star Halsey is currently on tour promoting her latest album, Hopeless Fountain Kingdom, which was released back in June. Halsey will be performing in Seattle, Washington this Saturday then she will be flying to Toronto, Canada the next day. Her album Hopeless Fountain Kingdom is perfect for those who have recently been in a break-up and to those who are going through an early adulthood crisis.
#1 - ‘New Rules’ by Dua Lipa
- ‘New Rules’ is a song about moving on from an ex and how you should need to stay away from them. Dua Lipa is giving us advice to treat ourselves better and that we need to get new rules to really “get over” them.