Image Source: teenzonemagazine.co.za
This week on Y101’s Weekly Top 20, Portugal the Man’s rocker Feel It Sill has finally reached the top spot. Meanwhile, American rapper Dej Loaf debuts with her song No Fear which she claims is a song in which the lyrics are not hard to figure out. Other songs that debut this week is Nick Jonas’ Find You and Taylor Swift’s Gorgeous. Read more about these songs below.
Lips on You by Maroon 5
- Lips on You is Maroon 5’s debut single from their 6th studio album titled Red Pill Blues released earlier this November. The song was co-written by singer-songwriter Charlie Puth and pop singer Julia Michaels who is by the way a nominee for the Grammy’s Artist of the Year for 2017.
No Fear by Dej Loaf
- No Fear is a song by American rapper Dej Loaf. In the song, Loaf explains to her lover that even with their busy schedules, they can still be together and be able to get past any obstacle with “no fear”. According to the rapper, the lyrics of the song are exactly what it is. “It’s not hard to figure out what the song is about,” she said.
Find You by Nick Jonas
- According to Nick Jonas, he was inspired to write this song when he went partying with some people in Coachella. Jonas said he was at that point in his life where he was “about a year into writing and nothing was really connecting.” When Jonas danced in Coachella, he found himself “lost in the music” and that was when he was inspired to write an “electrifying song”.
Gorgeous by Taylor Swift
- Gorgeous is a song about intoxicating infatuation. The man in Taylor’s attention is so impossibly attractive, she feels compelled to be with him even though she already has a boyfriend. The song seems to play with the rumors that Taylor cheated on Calvin Harris with Tom Hiddleston. Furthermore, the chorus seems to mock the perception that most of Taylor’s discography is comprised of lighthearted, simple songs about boys.
Feel It Still by Portugal The Man
- Earlier this week, the American Recording Company revealed the nominees for the 60th Grammy Awards to be held this January 28. And this song Feel It Still by Portugal the Man has been nominated for Best Pop Duo or Group Performance. Other songs and artists nominated for this category are Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers and Coldplay; and Despacito by Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber.