Thank you, next! After 4 weeks, Ariana Grande has finally been replaced at the number one position by Halsey. Elsewhere in the WEEKEND TOP 20 this week, Steve Aoki and his Blink-182 collab debuts. Read up about this week’s hits below.
Knocker: “Close to Me” by Ellie Goulding & Diplo feat. Swae Lee
- On her first proper single since 2017’s “First Time”, Ellie Goulding teams up with producer Diplo and rapper Swae Lee to make “Close To Me,” a love song set against an electronic beat and acoustic guitar melodies. It's a little bit soft, a little bit cocky and definitely hits the spot for those looking to sing along loud in the car.
Debut: “Why Are We So Broken” by Steve Aoki feat. Blink-182
- “Why Are We So Broken” is a song about troubled partners, but Steve Aoki and Blink-182’s partnership is anything but such. This isn’t the first time the producer and the band have collaborated. Aoki had remixed the Blink hit “Bored To Death” and worked with drummer Travis Barker on “Misfits” and “Cudi The Kid”.
Debut: “Song About You” by Mike Posner
- The meaning of Mike Posner’s new song can be summed up in the following lyrics: “And the worst type of sadness you could have is when you miss something that doesn’t miss you back”. “Song About You” is a break-up song from a different perspective. Instead of pining on his lost lover, Posner refuses to think about her. But that’s easier said than done.
Debut: “Polaroid” by Jonas Blue feat. Lennon Stella & Liam Payne
- “Polaroid” is the brand new single by British EDM DJ Jonas Blue featuring guest vocals from Liam Payne and breakout Nashville star, Lennon Stella. The song boasts a shimmering production and an irresistible chorus. Broadway World even described it as a “heaven sent slice of R&B pop”.
Gossip: - LAUV
- With the release of the single “Superhero” last year and two new other songs, LAUV fans speculate that we might finally get to hear his first ever album release in a couple of months. Yesterday, LAUV released a new single, a collaboration with Troye Sivan, called “I’m So Tired” which included shoutouts to Lorde and Coldplay.
Fearless Forecast: “Undecided” by Chris Brown
- On this song, Chris Brown is conflicted about a relationship with a girl. His girl is ready for commitment and wants to be “wifed,” whereas Chris is unsure whether he wants to pursue a relationship with her, or keep things strictly sexual.
#1: “Without Me” by Halsey
- “Without Me” is the first new song released by Halsey since her 2017 album. This song dives into the singer’s personal feelings about having her relationship in the public eye. The song focuses on how poorly she was treated in a relationship, even when she was supporting her partner through thick and thin.