Cebuano artists Carlisle Tabanera and Louisse Sistoso, along with their friends Seb Mijares, Ruth Mantanilla and Gio Arguelles, have just entered the WEEKEND TOP 20 charts with their Vispop hit ‘Mao Na Gyud Ni”. These five artists, who all share equal credits to the song, make up the most local artists in a single week of the WEEKEND TOP 20 since the Wonggoys, Fonzy & Icy did the same feat back in May of 2018.
For more facts about your favorite hits this week, continue reading this week’s installment of WT20FACTS below.
Knocker: "Woke Up Late (Remix)" by Drax Project feat. Hailee Steinfeld
- “Woke Up Late” is a bubbly pop anthem from Drax Project, a four-piece band in New Zealand. The song was re-released and remixed with the new version that now features American singer Hailee Steinfeld. Thanks to her, the song soared to popularity. She helped it enter the American charts.
Debut: "I've Been Waiting" by Lil Peep feat. Fall Out Boy
- This is the first posthumous single from late rapper Lil Peep who died from a drug overdose two years ago. He was 21 years old at the time. One of the last songs he made before he died. “I’ve Been Waiting” is a breezy track that Lil Peep made with fellow rapper ILoveMakonnen and Fall Out Boy who provided additional vocals.
Debut: "Mao Na Gyud Ni" by Louisse, Carlisle feat. Ruth Mantilla, Gio Arguelles
- A song originally written by Louisse Sistoso and Seb Mijares 4 years ago, "Mao Na Gyud Ni" is about finally finding "THE ONE" The song was recorded in 2016 with production by Carlisle and additional vocals from friends Ruth Mantilla and Gio Arguelles.
Debut: "Sucker" by Jonas Brothers
- This is the Jonas Brothers first song together in almost six years. The band's latest single, "Sucker" is an upbeat pop song in which the brothers collectively portray someone who is infatuated with a person for whom they would go to great lengths with.
Gossip - WHY DON'T WE
- Why Don't We might not be as famous as other boybands like N'Sync or One Direction, but they do cause commotions at airports. 2 days ago, TMZ reported that fans of the L.A.-native Why Don't We caused a sort of "mass hysteria" at the Los Angeles airport. The situation got so out of hand that the manager had to shout at fans, "Ladies STOP! We can't do this at the airport!" When the band was asked what the secret of their success was, Why Don't We member Corbyn said "We're brothers. We formed ourselves. So we didn't get put together by anybody".
Fearless Forecast: "Here With Me" by Marshmello feat. CHVRCHES
- “Here With Me” is the first collaboration between music producer Marshmello and synth-pop trio CHVRCHES, The track deals with themes of missing someone and not being the same without them around.
#1 “Who Do You Love” by The Chainsmokers and 5 Seconds of Summer
- This is the first single by The Chainsmokers following the released for their second album last December. The song features vocals by the Australian pop-punk band 5 Seconds of Summer, which the Chainsmokers said have been one of their favorite artists to work with so far.