On the latest WEEKEND TOP 20 charting, LANY’s heartbreak song Malibu Nights finally hit number one. Meanwhile, Bruno Mars along with Gucci Mane and Kodak Black, Dua Lipa and K-Pop group BLACKPINK, all debuted on the charts. 5 Seconds of Summer also enter the charts with their cover of the classic Queen song Killer Queen. Check out the facts about these songs below.
Knocker: “Crying Over You” by HONNE ft. BEKA
- “Crying Over You” is the 8th track off the album “Love Me / Love Me Not” by HONNE, an up-and-coming electronic music/contemporary R&B duo from England. HONNE’s musical style has been described as “futuristic soul destined to re-invent babymaking music"
Debut: “Wake Up In The Sky” by Gucci Mane, Bruno Mars and Kodak Black
- This song marks the 2nd collaboration between rapper Gucci Mane and Bruno Mars following Mane’s remix of Bruno Mars’ “That’s What I Like”. It is also Gucci Mane’s 2nd collaboration with rapper Kodak Black as well. This song finds all three artists singing about the high life.
Debut: “Kiss and Make Up” by Dua Lipa and BLACKPINK
- “Kiss and Make Up” is a collaboration between UK singer Dua Lipa and K-Pop girl group BLACKPINK. It is the K-pop group’s first international collaboration. The bilingual dance track is about a cheeky way to try to “kiss and make up” before a relationship ends in break up.
Debut: “Killer Queen” by 5 Seconds of Summer
- This 5 Seconds of Summer song is a cover of the classic “Killer Queen” from 1974, Queen’s first ever international hit song. This cover version is included in the soundtrack of the Freddie Mercury biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody”, the sales of which will go to the Mercury Phoenix Trust, a charity organization that fights AIDS.
GOSSIP – SILK CITY
- Silk City is the supergroup duo that is composed of the best music producers working right now, UK’s Mark Ronson and America’s Diplo. SILK CITY is seemingly named after the Philadelphia venue and diner where Diplo got his start as a DJ. The duo teamed up last year and they are planning to release a full disco album soon.
#1 – “Malibu Nights” by LANY
“Malibu Nights” was written early this year following the end of a romantic relationship Paul Klein had with singer Dua Lipa. Klein says he wrote the song as a form of healing without expecting an album, but the idea of an album came to mind after "50 days" when he realized he had written an album’s worth of songs. Klein later said he was thankful for experiencing heartbreak as it allowed him a productive and therapeutic outlet.